Monday, May 3, 2010

Unit 10

Goal: Physical well being 3 (eat better-at least 1 vegetable per meal and more exercise- at least 3 times per weak to reach 10).

I have been eating at least 1 vegetable per week but I have not been exercising. My excuse is I simply don't have time. An excuse is all that it is.

Goal: Spiritual well being 3 (go to church every Sunday and meditate more at least once a day to reach 10).

I have been meditating more but not once a day and I have failed desperately on my efforts to go to church on Sunday.

Goal: Psychological well being 4 (spend less time worrying- try to not worry about the things I can't control to reach 10).

I have definitely not reached this goal. I am the queen of worry. I have three classes next semester and I am worried to death about it. I have had a really rough time keeping up with two classes.


I have not implemented my activity goals but not for lack of trying. It seems that life always gets in the way. I do plan on using the lessons I have learned in this class, I just need to find a time to accomplish it. I do find that meditation has helped me understand myself better and has helped me to handle situations better. I think the lessons I have learned will help me in the future. It will also help me to handle situations that people encounter better. I know the lessons I have learned in this class work and it can help many others as well.

Thanks
Ginger

3 comments:

  1. Hi Ginger,

    I know you can reach your goals. All you need is some motivation. School and homework can get in the way of having spare time, but maybe if you incorporate a 30-minutes to physical activity such as walking where you won't break out a sweat and 15-minutes worth of meditation each morning and night, you have that much accomplished. You will easily settle into a routine this way. I know the spiritual side is low for you but if you try to make an effort to go to church every other week to start off, you may begin to feel enlightened. Is it the church itself you are not crazy about? If so, you should experiment and try other churches around until you find one you are comfortable in and one where you like the priest and the way he speaks. Believe me, priests can make a difference in how they interpret the message of the Lord. If you have one that has a heavy accent or monotoned voice, you can easily be turned off in going to church, but if you find a priest who has a sense of humor when he talks about the Bible and makes reference to someone he knows or to himself, then this keeps your interest and you feel good about the sermon. Give it a try and experiment. That's what life is all about.

    Keep the faith and best of luck to you in your future endeavors. Don't lose sight of all you can accomplish in life and in the way you feel.

    Jill Jernee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello ginger Jill said it all, Keep the faith and follow your heart for it is your desire to make it.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you are too tough on yourself. You are making an effore to improve upon every area of your life and that is more then most people can say. I wish you good luck in the future.

    ReplyDelete