Monday, March 22, 2010

Unit 4

Self-love, is a wonderful concept but often hard to achieve for most. The CD was truly enlightening, but I honestly don't think one time is going to do it. I have spent so many years being so hard on myself it is hard to stop overnight.The text did say that it would take time and should be worked on over a period.

Mental training is how the mind can be used to prevent any additional stress. I believe that using meditation and yoga can benefit many of us. I know that I try but it is not always easy. What is sad, I set time aside for homework, my family and work but zero time for myself. Research has proven that it is beneficial to health and recovery.

Can I implement mental training? Absolutely, but I have to take the time for myself and I do believe that self love is the beginning.

3 comments:

  1. You make a good point that one time can not change years of the way we have done things. To change unhealthy behavior definitely takes time. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are absolutely right Ginger! You do need to make time for yourself. Even if it is simple. A 15 minute quiet time, or the loving kindness exercise, would be beneficial in so may ways. But you are right again, you must try to do it daily in order to actually receive the benefits. I agree that it is hard, especially being in school, working, wife, mother, etc. Crazy, but we can do it! What if you even tried for 5 minutes in the morning and 5 minutes at night???

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello Ginger, I am heartfelt by your post. As we continue to study and grow in this field of health and wellness we must take care of ourselves. Please work on giving yourself some time. Do a time journal and find some time slots that will work for you. Because someone may need you and you have to have something in the pot to pour out of it.
    LPH
    B.Alexander

    ReplyDelete